My mood dropped a lot last night. I didn’t even finish my hot bath. I have been uneven lately. I think my antidepressant is starting to burn out. To ward off any deep plunges, I did take double the dose a couple of times last week and that raised me up. But as soon as I stopped taking double I dropped again (yesterday). My antidepressants periodically burn out on me and I have to switch to something different. I am going to ask when I see my psychiatrist on Wednesday. Until then I will be taking double doses to keep myself going and functional and creative. Last night I asked Craig to wake me up before he went to work this morning just long enough for me to take my antidepressants early so that they would kick in by the time it was time for me to get up. The plan worked so I intend to try again. Maybe this can help keep my mood stable and help me wake up earlier in the morning. When antidepressant kicks in it energizes me. So it may be that by taking it at 6 something in the morning I’ll be awake by 8 or 9.
To help boost my mood, and because it is always a good practice, I want to list some things I am grateful for.
1. My mother and father. I am so glad they are in my life. They are wonderful parents and grandparents.
2. My sister. She is a good sister and a great aunt to Angelica.
3. Taco Bell. What can I say? I like their cheese quesadillas.
4. That I live in Hampton Roads where the Mexican restaurants have that white dip.
5. My library. It is a privilege and a pleasure to own a library full of books.
6. My cute yellow cottage. My house is perfect for me and my family. Perfect look, perfect size, perfect design, and for my husband, the perfect location.
7. Plus size stores. Plus size clothing options are still limited, but I know that there is a lot more available today than what there used to be.
8. That I got my car back Saturday from having work done on it since that lady crashed into me.
9. I am grateful to live in a time where there is so much art and music and literature readily available.
10. I am grateful to be short. I just like being petite.
Today I am at the library studying African poetry. Some countries I love. Others not as much. Overall though, I thoroughly enjoy African poetry and this Penguin volume of poetry from each country in Africa is quite educating for me. As usual, reading poetry inspires me to write poetry so I have been getting a lot of writing done. I will post that writing here, though I am not certain some of it is so good. But it feels good to create and be mentally active. Plus, I don’t want to lose any of my work and I use this blog to archive it so I need to post my poetry.